Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

What is perfect?

I am sitting on the deck of our new Maine house, looking at the fall colors and staring at the drifting water...”this is perfect.”

But is it perfect? Maybe to me, or to my standards, but what about to your standards? Maybe you don’t like the fall, but the spring. The beach instead of the river, or boating or running or watching the game.

My point is that we are all different and should not let one person’s idea of what is “perfect” become our idea of perfection too. 
Perfection?
There is no worldly "perfect", except for a diamond, and even then, size, color, clarity are all indicators of perfection. However, what if you prefer an emerald, pearl or tiger eye? Perfection is in the eye of the beholder. Just sayin'

***Note: I wrote this entry last fall when I was trying to decide if I should restart this blog. I'm posting it because after I re-read it today, I realized that it has just as much meaning for me today, as it did some 7 months ago and may have some meaning for you as well.***

No comments: