Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Looking forward...

Kelliinthemiddle began in 2012. At that time, I had stopped working full time to be available for my family. Our son was diagnosed with mild Asperger's Syndrome, a form of autism, and was having some trouble navigating middle school. My first college go round launched my journalism career; my second launched my career as a registered nurse.

This time gave me the opportunity to meld those two things together, nurturing and writing. Kelliinthemiddle has evolved over the years as a way for me to nurture others through crafting, refurbishing, renovating and thoughtful ideas.

My hope is that with each published article, someone, somewhere will take action. The action may be to make something, read something or at least think about something.

This site has seen me through two moves and some pretty stressful family times. My faith in Christ encourages me to put myself out there - to continuously share my ideas and discoveries, to really listen to the thoughts of others, and to encourage others to move outside of their own safe zone.

Bill and I retired from the rat race a year ago and are in the middle of easing into this new season of life. After years of hard work and SAVING for this time, we prayed about it and all of the signs pointed to where we are today. We are back in my home base, helping out my parents, and becoming reacquainted with this charming area.

I'm not going to sugar coat it. It was difficult leaving the home we knew for 20 years, where we raised our children, attended and served at a wonderful church, and had many friends.

God is good, and has given us another wonderful church family, and allows us to be present for our parents and family when needed. Our children are still far away, but their hearts are always near.  We are home, we are busy with projects and trying new things...which we are passing along to our readers. It is turning out to be a win - win.

Have a great day,
Kelli

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11

No comments: