Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

Remind Me of What I Love.

Feel the need to post on this LAZY (finally) Friday morning. A few months ago I read a story about an elderly woman suffering from dementia. The post by her daughter gave an account of trying to communicate with her ailing mother and the feelings of frustration which go along with this horrible disease. In the post, the daughter states that her mom asked only to be reminded of what "I loved."

Since reading that post, I began my own list of what "I love," and have added to it as I see things that at times literally "take my breath away." 

I'm sharing my list with you, in case you ever have to remind me of "what I love," and not necessarily if my memory is taken by disease. Sometimes I think we all forget about these "little things" when our thoughts are clouded by doubt, anxiety and fear. Being reminded of them helps to pull our thoughts away from ourselves to see the beauty and peace of God's world.

Remind Me of What I Love
Hiking in the woods near our home
  • Talking with God (I do this ALL DAY LONG!)
  • Looking at my husband and kids
  • Rainy days in PJs, watching Harry Potter, X-Men, Star Wars and Lord of the Rings marathons
  • Trees
  • Walking barefoot in the grass
  • Peanut Butter and Chocolate
  • the Hush of a snowfall
  • Mountains
  • Smell of freshly mowed grass
  • Smell of Pine
  • Big blueberry muffins with a load of butter
  • Lobster Tail
  • Silence
  • Hiking in the woods
  • Sun on my face
  • Twilight (not only the books)
  • Sunset
  • Night Sky filled with Stars
  • Colors of Fall
  • Spiced Pumpkin and Spiced Apple scented candles
  • Big, bright Full Moon
  • Sky filled with Stars (must really love this because put it down twice)
  • Crocheting
  • Watching old Movies
  • Sipping wine (or anything else) with girlfriends
  • Sunday dinner with my Mom, Dad, Brother and Sister
  • Hugs
  • Smiling
  • Sitting around a camp fire or fire place
  • Christmas Eve
  • Comfy cloths (yes, sweatpants included!)
This list will go on and on...so many wonderful things! Start your own list - keep it in your phone like I do, or write it in a notebook and keep at your bedside or in your car or under the couch cushion. Pull it out as a reminder when you need to get away from yourself. 



Have a great weekend.
Kelli


No comments: