Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What a day for a Day Dream...

...that's the tune I was humming when I ended the walk through my neighborhood this afternoon.

I didn't start out feeling good...I began the walk feeling pretty sad about what happened during the Boston Marathon.  I've been prayerfully asking,"What dark places could harbor such cruelty?" And yet...so much good has also come out of it - a people who are remembering to love each other and sacrifice for each other.

As I was looking out the window pondering all of this - "walking" popped into my head. So I put on my shoes and started walking...and walking...and here are some of the things I saw along the way:


That's my friend Michele's house...I sent her this photo because she could not go with me!


I started to get pretty tired here. 


And then I stumbled upon these Dandelions...
someone told me recently how delicious Dandelions taste and how they make a great wine (YUCK!).


and then this...a flag at half mast (sigh).



and then this...YIKES! Oh, it's just me! Look at the flowers growing EVERYWHERE!


Then this...


...and these...


...how lovely!


...won't be needing this anymore, ha ha ha...


...bee-u-tee-ful!...


...another sigh...


...these smell w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l...


...awwwww, Bleeding Hearts - (one of) my favorites...



...this was the last thing I saw before going into the house...

"What a day for a Day Dream," the Lovin' Spoonful

No comments: