Saturday, April 6, 2013

Crochet Slipper

Wow - it's been way too long. It's been busy and I've been feeling pretty lazy lately. I think it's a combination of working a lot and the dreariness of winter - especially this winter.

If it's going to be cold and gray - there should also be snow. Unfortunately, there's been little of the white stuff this season.

I haven't even had a lot of time to crochet and this just cannot happen!

Finally - this week has been a little better and between working and playing, I've managed to get a little crocheting in "on the side" and have a new slipper to add to my ETSY shop, usablekreations.

Here are a few photos - the pattern is for the extremely comfortable Oma House Slippers by Tara Murray, www.mamachee.etsy.com plus many other cute patterns. These little gems are tearing up Internet shopping sites






I've added a cute flower and a big wooden button to give them a personal flair. I gave them to friends, my sister, Mom and Mom-in-Law and all said the same thing - "these are so comfortable!"

So here's the latest "look" in case you want to pick-up a pair from the shop or purchase the pattern from Tara and make your own. They are incredibly easy to make and work-up fine using any yarn. The button slipper has a wool upper/acrylic sole and the multi-color with flower is 100% acrylic.

Have a great weekend - Kelli

No comments: